Monday, November 23, 2009
Friday, November 20, 2009
I just spilled sweet and sour sauce on my desk. Here are the thoughts that followed, in the order they occurred:
1. Don't get it on the carpet for fuck's sake!
2. Ooooh, that kinda looks like blood. Mmm, Edward. *Homer Simpson slobbering noise*
3. Don't get it on your pants for fuck's sake!
At least I kept my priorities in order throughout the emergency.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Five or six times a day, Michael asks, "Is there anything I can help you with?" The first few times he did it, I was unnerved. I wasn't really doing anything at the moment. Should I be doing something? Is there something I'm supposed to be doing that I'm not, and this is his subtle way of getting the ball rolling?
No, he was just being nice. I interviewed Michael about his new habit tonight. His first reaction was to ask, "Is it bad?" Umm, no, unless you're another husband who is totally being shown up. Here's what I learned:
- He does it at work too (this made me feel a little less special, but okay, moving on)
- He asks it because he asks a lot of me
- It's not like when someone asks you how you're doing and expects to hear "good" and move on with their life. He's totally okay with me assigning him a task if there's something to be done.
Then I just had to ask. "Does this have anything to do with Kate Gosselin?" His answer: "Well, I don't want to end up like Jon..." Jon & Kate Plus 8 is like a Scared Straight program for husbands!